Dear St George’s Community,
Welcome back to Spring Term 2023. I hope you and your loved ones had a wonderful Christmas holiday and managed to rest and relax as much as possible.
Our staff have had a very productive INSET Day this week. On Tuesday, we came together to finalise the New School Vision and continue to develop the whole school curriculum. It was an inspirational day, and we took much key learning from it.
There was a lovely buzz around the school on Wednesday as the children returned to us this week. It was great to see their smiling faces as they arrived in the morning, and it is clear many of you had enjoyable holidays. We aim to keep this momentum and positivity as we settle into our learning this half-term. The new term brings lots to look forward to. Our children begin their new curriculum topics across all subjects; please visit your child's class page on the website to see what they will cover the term.
I want to take this opportunity to offer some important reminders to support your child this term:
- Please ensure your child is in the line at 8.40 am daily. Being on time ensures no learning time is lost.
- At the end of the day, please ensure a known member of your family is in the playground at 3.15 pm to collect your child.
- Ms Hayes and I will closely monitor our children's punctuality and attendance this term. Our whole school target is 96% - currently at 93.98%.
- Our school is a ‘Greet Your Child With a Smile, Not a Mobile’ zone – please ensure your phone call is completed when you arrive at the school gates. Your child will be very excited to see you and share the news from their day at school. Our Senior Leadership Team will request that you put your phones and devices away as you enter the school gates.
- There are places still available to all children for our Breakfast. Breakfast Club is £3.00 per session and £2 for siblings.
Thank you for your ongoing support of our school. We are excited to see what 2023 brings and look forward to celebrating many highlights with you all.