Year 5 Religious Education
Our key question this at the first half of this half-term is:
What do the Monastic traditions within Christianity show us about living in community?
This unit teaches:
- There are monastic communities of men and of women within the Church of England;
- Living in a monastic community is a particular way of living out the Christian faith, followed by some people;
- There are different models of monastic life, some active, some contemplative;
- Living in community with others offers challenges, as well as opportunities;
- Christian commitment takes different forms for different people.
AT1: Learning about Religion
Focus: Practices and Ways of Life
use religious and other language accurately to describe, compare and evaluate what practices and experiences may be involved in belonging to Christian monastic communities and other groups;
AT2: Learning from Religion
Focus: Identify, (diversity) and belonging